Before you officially submit your portfolio, we encourage you to reach out to us for a personal portfolio review.
Although portfolio reviews are not an admissions requirement, they are a great opportunity to receive valuable guidance on portfolio preparation, and a chance to meet with our admissions team to discuss any questions you have on the application process.
Schedule a portfolio review for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs.
We encourage you to submit work that you believe to be the strongest representation of your skills and experiences to date, regardless of medium.
All applicants to the BFA and Combined Degree programs (including international applicants) are required to submit a visual art portfolio consisting of 15-20 images of recent work and/or up to 10 minutes of time-based work.
All applicants to the MFA and Post-Bacc programs (including international applicants) are required to submit a visual art portfolio consisting 10-20 images of recent work and/or up to 10 minutes of time-based work.
- Images (up to 10MB each)
- Video (up to 500MB each)
- Audio (up to 60MB each)
- PDFs (up to 20MB each)
- 3D Models
- External media from YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud
- All applicants will use Tufts SlideRoom to submit their portfolio.
- For Undergraduate and Transfer Students using the Common Application: you must indicate your plans to submit a portfolio as part of the Tufts application questions. You will see a link to submit your portfolio through Tufts SlideRoom at the end of the application.
- For Undergraduate and Transfer Students using the Coalition or QuestBridge application: visit Tufts SlideRoom to create an account, select the “Questbridge/Coalition App Visual Arts Portfolio” program, and submit your portfolio.
- For Graduate Students: all portfolios must be submitted through SlideRoom. Visit Tufts SlideRoom to create an account, select MFA & Post-Baccalaureate Programs," and submit your portfolio.
- Note: there is a $12 charge to submit your portfolio through SlideRoom.
All portfolios must be received by the specific program's application deadline.